Sightseeing places and other important locations of Taicang are included in the map as Points of Interest (POI). This looks you don't need user waypoints file longer. But user waypoints have their advantages :
From above-stated I recommend to load user waypoints in navigator along with map. In that way you can use symbol from POI and label from user waypoint at the same time. Any way it's possible to switch on and off the visibility of user waypoints and POI when you need.
- You can edit user waypoints
- User waypoints names appear on the map whether the map is overfull or not. POI labels appear on display only if there is empty place for the label. It happens very rarely. Actually POI symbols only are visible on the map. If you need to know what name of POI you should to point cursor at the POI.
- You can set zoom level from which user waypoints are shown on the map. POI appearance on display is strongly depend on zoom level.
Below you can see two buttons. Click any of the buttons to load waypoints file. All of the files contain same points, but are made for different softs. Select a suitable file which you need.
The first button is for MapSource software, the second is for OziExplorer software. The length of waypoints name is 14 characters. This is the 1-st version of waypoints file.
Before you load the file read comments in bottom of the page.
1. This is ms_taic_1v.gdb file. Load the file if you send waypoints to GPS by MapSource soft. If you can't load waypoints by the button below try this link
2. This is ozi_taic_1v.wpt file. Load the file if you send waypoints to GPS by OziExplorer soft. If you can't load waypoints by the button below try this link
- You can load waypoints in GPS even your GPS-unit doesn't support maps.
- If your GPS-navigator is not Garmin you can use OziExplorer software. The programm supports large number of GPS-receivers (Garmin, Eagle, Magellan, Lowrance).
- Waypoints files are changeable.
- After you save gdb-file on your computer open the file by MapSource soft. For that choose in main menu of MapSource "File - Open...", then in file type list select "Garmin GPS Database Files (*.gdb)", find saved file and open it. Waypoints appear on the map and in "Waypoints" tab. Now you can edit and send waypoints in GPS.
- After you save wpt-file on your computer open the file by OziExplorer programme. For that make in OziExplorer empty map (if you don't have the map in *.map-format) : main menu "Map - Blank Map (Auto Scale)". After that open the file with waypoints : main menu "File - Load from File - Load Waypoints from File". Waypoints appear on the map. Now you can edit and send waypoints in GPS.
- The displays of GPS-navigators are small and large number of waypoints overloads display. Save original file of waypoints on PC hard disk, make copy and change the copy in compliance with current demands. For example delete unnecessary waypoints.